Re: BUG #15789: libpq compilation with OpenSSL 1.1.1b fails on Windows with Visual Studio 2017

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, serpashk(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15789: libpq compilation with OpenSSL 1.1.1b fails on Windows with Visual Studio 2017
Date: 2019-06-26 01:48:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 11:43:29AM +0200, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:
> If you are using a string you will need padding, maybe mimic
> OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER [1].

For now, I have taken the more simple approach to have three separate
fields for the digit numbers, which is more than enough. So, after
doing more tweaks and tests on it with the installers for 1.0.2, 1.1.0
and 1.1.1, I have committed the patch to master for now. The result
is rather cool, as we can now adapt with future versions easily.

I am planning to back-patch the thing down to 9.4 where OpenSSL 1.1.0
is supported, but first let's see if the buildfarm has anything to
say. I don't expect any issues as we basically don't change the logic
build for 1.0.2, but nobody is never careful enough with this stuff.
--
Michael