Re: fix psql \conninfo & \connect when using hostaddr

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Arthur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: fix psql \conninfo & \connect when using hostaddr
Date: 2019-06-14 21:31:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2019-May-27, Noah Misch wrote:

> Other than that, the \connect behavior change makes sense to me. However,
> nothing updated \connect documentation. (Even the commit log message said
> nothing about \connect.)

I added this blurb to the paragraph that documents the reusing behavior:

If <literal>hostaddr</literal> was specified in the original
connection's <structname>conninfo</structname>, that address is reused
for the new connection (disregarding any other host specification).

Thanks for reporting these problems. I'm going to push this shortly.
We can revise over the weekend, if there's need.