Re: coverage additions

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: coverage additions
Date: 2019-05-30 20:23:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Apparently, for ecpg you have to do "make checktcp" in order for some of
the tests to run, and "make check-world" doesn't do that. Not sure
what's a good fix for this; do we want to add "make -C
src/interfaces/ecpg/test checktcp" to what "make check-world" does,
or do we rather what to add checktcp as a dependency of "make check" in
src/interfaces/ecpg?

Or do we just not want this test to be run by default, and thus I should
add "make -C src/interfaces/ecpg/test checktcp" to coverage.pg.org's
shell script? Maybe all we need is a way to have it run using
the PG_EXTRA_TEST thingy, but I'm not sure how that works ...?