Re: Regression test PANICs with master-standby setup on same machine

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Regression test PANICs with master-standby setup on same machine
Date: 2019-04-23 07:08:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 11:00:03PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> FWIW, I think the right fix for this is to simply drop the requirement
> that tablespace paths need to be absolute. It's not buying us anything,
> it's just making things more complicated. We should just do a simple
> check against the tablespace being inside PGDATA, and leave it at
> that. Yes, that can be tricked, but so can the current system.

convert_and_check_filename() checks after that already, mostly. For
TAP tests I am not sure that this would help much though as all the
nodes of a given test use the same root path for their data folders,
so you cannot just use "../hoge/" as location. We already generate a
warning when a tablespace is in a data folder, as this causes issues
with recursion lookups of base backups. What do you mean in this
case? Forbidding the behavior?
--
Michael