Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Asim R P <apraveen(at)pivotal(dot)io>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal(at)pivotal(dot)io>, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
Subject: Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Date: 2019-04-01 23:18:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2019-03-16 23:21:31 +1100, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> updated patches are attached.

Now that nearly all of the tableam patches are committed (with the
exception of the copy.c changes which are for bad reasons discussed at
[1]) I'm looking at the docs changes.

What made you rename indexam.sgml to am.sgml, instead of creating a
separate tableam.sgml? Seems easier to just have a separate file?

I'm currently not planning to include the function-by-function API
reference you've in your patchset, as I think it's more reasonable to
centralize all of it in tableam.h. I think I've included most of the
information there - could you check whether you agree?

[1] https://postgr.es/m/CAKJS1f98Fa%2BQRTGKwqbtz0M%3DCy1EHYR8Q-W08cpA78tOy4euKQ%40mail.gmail.com

Greetings,

Andres Freund