Re: Fwd: Add tablespace tap test to pg_rewind

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Shaoqi Bai <sbai(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Add tablespace tap test to pg_rewind
Date: 2019-03-12 02:27:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 07:49:11PM +0800, Shaoqi Bai wrote:
> Thanks, will work on it as you suggested
> Add pg_basebackup --T olddir=newdir to support check the consistency of a
> tablespace created before promotion
> Add run_test('remote');

Thanks for considering my input. Why don't you register your patch to
the next commit fest then so as it goes through a formal review once
you are able to provide a new version? The commit fest is here:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/23/

We are currently in the process of wrapping up the last commit fest
for v12, so this stuff will have to wait a bit :(

It could be an idea to split the patch in two pieces:
- One patch which refactors the code for the new option in
PostgresNode.pm
- Second patch for the new test with integration in RewindTest.pm.
This should touch different parts of the code, so combining both would
be fine as well for me :)
--
Michael