Re: How to get the content of Bind variables

From: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
To: ROS Didier <didier(dot)ros(at)edf(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to get the content of Bind variables
Date: 2019-02-28 16:19:00
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 12:21:56PM +0000, ROS Didier wrote:
> Statement: update t_shared_liste_valeurs set deletion_date=$1, deletion_login=$2, modification_date=$3, modification_login=$4, administrable=$5, libelle=$6, niveau=$7 where code=$8
>
> è how to get the content of the bind variables ?

What is your setting of log_error_verbosity ?
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-logging.html#GUC-LOG-ERROR-VERBOSITY

Also, I recommend using CSV logs, since they're easier to import into the DB
and then easier to parse.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-logging.html#GUC-LOG-ERROR-VERBOSITY

Also, note that you can either set log_min_duration_statement=0, which logs all
statement durations, and associated statements (if they haven't been previously
logged).

Or, you can set log_statement=all, which logs all statements (but duration is
only logged according to log_min_duration_statement).

Justin