Re: Tighten up a few overly lax regexes in pg_dump's tap tests

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tighten up a few overly lax regexes in pg_dump's tap tests
Date: 2019-02-05 07:26:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 05:46:55PM +1300, David Rowley wrote:
> I did leave a couple untouched as there was quite a bit of escaping
> going on already. I didn't think switching between \Q and \E would
> have made those ones any more pleasing to the eye.

- qr/^ALTER TABLE dump_test.test_table ENABLE ROW LEVEL SECURITY;/m,
+ qr/^\QALTER TABLE dump_test.test_table ENABLE ROW LEVEL SECURITY;/m,
I would have just appended the \E for consistency at the end of the
strings. Except that it looks fine. No need to send an updated
version, it seems that you have all the spots. I'll do an extra pass
on it tomorrow and see if I can commit it.
--
Michael