Re: BUG #15610: Performance problem of PostgreSQL 11.1 Windowsversion (EDB created version)

From: Toshi Harada <harada(dot)toshi(at)po(dot)ntt-tx(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #15610: Performance problem of PostgreSQL 11.1 Windowsversion (EDB created version)
Date: 2019-01-30 05:06:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi.

We got configuration and "explain analyze" result.
(buginfo_15610.tgz)

Summary
* The difference in config is the location of the file and the locale.
* I executed the SELECT statement with "explain analyze".
There was no difference in the structure of the execution plan.

----
buginfo_15610.tgz contents.

explain_bigsql_11.1.txt explain analyze log.
explain_edb_10.6.txt explain analyze log.
explain_edb_11.0.txt explain analyze log.
select_model.sql explain analyze statement.
settings_bigsql_11.1 BigSQL 11 configuration.
settings_diff.txt EDB 11 and BigSQL 11 diff
settings_edb_10.6 EDB 10 configuration.
settings_edb_11.1 EDB 11 configuration.

----

Best regards.

David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 at 07:42, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 12:46 AM PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> >>
> >> The following bug has been logged on the website:
> >>
> >> Bug reference: 15610
> >> Logged by: Toshi Harada
> >> Email address: harada(dot)toshi(at)po(dot)ntt-tx(dot)co(dot)jp
> >> PostgreSQL version: 11.1
> >> Operating system: Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition (32 CPU)
> >>
> >> [Overview]
> >>
> >> Installing PostgreSQL 11.1 Windows verson (EDB created version) and running
> >> pgbench, tps is very low compared to PostgreSQL 10.6.
> >> Also, tps is lower than PostgreSQL 11.1 Windows version (BIgSQL created
> >> version).
> >> Is there something wrong with the build option of PostgreSQL 11.1 in the EDB
> >> created version?
> >

> > Can you compare the configuration settings and report any differences?
> >
> > select name,setting from pg_settings;
>
> It might also be useful to see the EXPLAIN ANALYZE from each instance.
> Different ANALYZE runs can generate different table stats, so the plan
> may differ between instances, even if the code and settings are the
> same.
>
> --
> David Rowley http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
buginfo_15610.tgz application/octet-stream 7.3 KB