Re: Simplify set of flags used by MyXactFlags

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Simplify set of flags used by MyXactFlags
Date: 2019-01-22 00:31:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 02:58:39PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> "... operated on temp namespace" doesn't look good; seems to me to be
> missing an article, for one thing, but really I'm not sure that
> 'namespace' is the term to be using here. I'd say "... operated on
> temporary objects" instead (the plural avoids the need for the article;
> and the user doesn't really care about the namespace itself but rather
> about the objects it contains.)

Thanks for the input. Would you prefer something like the attached
then? I have switched the error message to "temporary objects", and
renamed the flag to XACT_FLAGS_ACCESSEDTEMPOBJECTS.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Simplify-2PC-restriction-handling-for-temporary-obje.patch text/x-diff 12.1 KB