Re: Simplify set of flags used by MyXactFlags

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Simplify set of flags used by MyXactFlags
Date: 2019-01-21 17:58:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2019-Jan-18, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Keeping both messages makes the error handling at PREPARE time perhaps
> a bit cleaner to make the difference about schema-level access or
> table-level access, still I'd rather simplify the code and just only
> keep the schema-level change as something we complain about. Another
> thing is that ACCESSEDTEMPREL is used in PreCommit_on_commit_actions()
> to avoid the truncates of ON COMMIT DELETE ROWS if no temporary tables
> have been accessed, still it would just mean that truncation would be
> tried on empty tables for nothing even if say a function is created in
> pg_temp.

"... operated on temp namespace" doesn't look good; seems to me to be
missing an article, for one thing, but really I'm not sure that
'namespace' is the term to be using here. I'd say "... operated on
temporary objects" instead (the plural avoids the need for the article;
and the user doesn't really care about the namespace itself but rather
about the objects it contains.)