Re: commitfest: When are you assigned patches to review?

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: Mitar <mmitar(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: commitfest: When are you assigned patches to review?
Date: 2019-01-09 01:11:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 08, 2019 at 10:14:10AM +0100, Fabien COELHO wrote:
>> Also, how is the level at which I should review it
>> determined?
>
> Patches as complex as the one you submitted?

The usual expectation is to review one patch of equal difficulty for
each patch submitted. The way to measure a patch difficulty is not
based on actual facts but mostly on how a patch feels complicated.
When it comes to reviews, the more you can look at the better of
course, still doing a correct review takes time, and that can be
surprising often even for so-said simple patches.

> Based on your area of expertise?

Taking new challenges on a regular basis is not bad either :)
--
Michael