Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: error message when subscription target is a partitioned table

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2019-01-08 07:42:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 08, 2019 at 03:05:42PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> I meant to say that the feature to add relations to a subscription is not
> supported for certain relation types, even though it's practically
> *possible* to do so. But maybe, I'm misunderstanding the error code
> selection policy.

I can see your point, though I would stick with
ERRCODE_WRONG_OBJECT_TYPE for consistency with the existing code and
because the code is intended to not work on anything else than plain
tables, at least now.

> I'm not totally opposed to do that while we're here, but note that there
> might be many such instances in the existing code.

Sure. I am not noticing anything in the surrounding area but it is
easy enough to miss something.
--
Michael