Re: Unified logging system for command-line programs

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Marina Polyakova <m(dot)polyakova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Unified logging system for command-line programs
Date: 2018-12-31 19:36:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ah, one more thing -- there's a patch by Marina Polyakova (in CC) to
make pgbench logging more regular. Maybe that stuff should be
considered now too. I'm not saying to patch pgbench in this commit, but
rather to have pgbench in mind while discussing the API. I think the
last version of that was here:

https://postgr.es/m/a1bd32671a6777b78dd67b95eb68ff82@postgrespro.ru