Re: In which session context is a trigger run?

From: "Peter J(dot) Holzer" <hjp-pgsql(at)hjp(dot)at>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: In which session context is a trigger run?
Date: 2018-12-31 10:58:38
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2018-12-30 08:56:13 -0800, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 12/30/18 3:08 AM, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> > If I understood Mitar correctly he wants the trigger to execute in the
> > session where it was declared, not in the sessio where the statement was
> > executed that triggered the trigger.
>
> There is the additional hitch that the trigger is being declared to use a
> temporary function that is defined in an alias schema pg_temp.

Yeah, but that would be neatly solved by the magic teleportation of the
trigger execution. (I think this is actually how he got the idea that
executing the trigger in a different session would solve his problem.)

hp

--
_ | Peter J. Holzer | we build much bigger, better disasters now
|_|_) | | because we have much more sophisticated
__/ | http://www.hjp.at/ | -- Ross Anderson <https://www.edge.org/>