Re: Tab completion for ALTER INDEX|TABLE ALTER COLUMN SET STATISTICS

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Tatsuro Yamada <yamada(dot)tatsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tab completion for ALTER INDEX|TABLE ALTER COLUMN SET STATISTICS
Date: 2018-12-25 05:27:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 10:56:04AM +0900, Tatsuro Yamada wrote:
> Hmm... Okey, I agree. Why I implemented the exotic part of the
> feature is that it is for user-friendly. However, I suppose that
> user know the syntax because the syntax is used by an expert user.

Thanks, I have committed this one after making the logic to ignore
column numbers a bit smarter, one problem being that "ALTER INDEX foo
ALTER COLUMN" would try to suggest SET STATISTICS directly, which is
incorrect. Instead I have tweaked the completion so as COLUMN is
added after "ALTER INDEX foo ALTER". This could be completed later
with the column numbers, in a way similar to what ALTER TABLE does.
--
Michael