Re: Ryu floating point output patch

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ryu floating point output patch
Date: 2018-12-13 22:20:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2018-Dec-13, Andrew Gierth wrote:

> And again to fix the windows build - why does Mkvcbuild.pm have its own
> private copy of the file list for src/common?

I think at some point the Makefile parsing code was too stupid to deal
with the src/port Makefile, so it was hardcoded; later probably I
cargo-culted that into the src/common makefile. Maybe the parser has
already improved (or the makefile simplified) that the msvc tooling can
extract the files from the makefile? Dunno.