Re: Minor typo

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net
Cc: michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, daniel(at)yesql(dot)se, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Minor typo
Date: 2018-12-06 06:21:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Tue, 4 Dec 2018 11:37:16 -0500, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote in <20181204163716(dot)GR3415(at)tamriel(dot)snowman(dot)net>
> Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts here, the goal is simply
> to try and have the comments as clear as we can for everyone.
>
> Please find attached a larger rewording of the comment in xlogrecord.h,
> and a minor change to xloginsert.c to clarify that we're removing a hole
> and not doing compression at that point.
>
> Other thoughts on this..?

Thank you for the complete rewriting. It makes the description
clearer at least for me, execpt the following:

> * present is BLCKSZ - the length of "hole" bytes.

Maybe it's because I'm not so accustomed to punctuation marks but
I was confused for a second because the '-' didn't look to me a
minus sign, but a dash. If it is not specific to me, a word
'minus' seems better or, (BLCKSZ - <the length of "hole">) bytes
is clearer .... for me.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi