\gexec \watch

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: \gexec \watch
Date: 2018-12-05 22:50:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I just noticed that using \watch after \gexec does not do what I would
like it to do, namely re-execute the returned queries. Instead, it
executes the returned queries once, then it just returns the queries.
That is:

=# select 'select now()' \gexec \watch
2018-12-05 19:46:04.928995-03

select now()

select now()

select now()

(This is under \pset tuples_only)

I think to be really useful, this combination ought to work like this
instead:

=# select 'select now()' \gexec \watch
2018-12-05 19:47:51.045574-03

2018-12-05 19:47:52.152132-03

2018-12-05 19:47:53.099486-03

Is any psql hacker interested in fixing this?

--
Álvaro Herrera