Re: dsa_allocate() faliure

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Jakub Glapa <jakub(dot)glapa(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: dsa_allocate() faliure
Date: 2018-11-26 18:45:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-performance

On 2018-Nov-26, Jakub Glapa wrote:

> Justin thanks for the information!
> I'm running Ubuntu 16.04.
> I'll try to prepare for the next crash.
> Couldn't find anything this time.

As I recall, the appport stuff in Ubuntu is terrible ... I've seen it
take 40 minutes to write the crash dump to disk, during which the
database was "down". I don't know why it is so slow (it's a rather
silly python script that apparently processes the core dump one byte at
a time, and you can imagine that with a few gigabytes of shared memory
that takes a while). Anyway my recommendation was to *remove* that
stuff from the server and make sure the core file is saved by normal
means.