Re: Perl 5.26 and windows build system

From: Victor Wagner <vitus(at)wagner(dot)pp(dot)ru>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Perl 5.26 and windows build system
Date: 2018-10-17 14:37:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 18:45:42 +0530
Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> > Simple adding
> >
> > use lib ".";
> >
> > to the beginning of these script solves problem.
> >

> > We observed the same issue with Strawberry Perl 5.26. We use 5.24
> execute the build.pl.

Of course. This is (mis)feature of upstream Perl 5.26 and above and it
is not limited to Windows. I've fought with it on various modern linux
distributions (Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora), where I want to run pgbuildfarm
scripts.

I know two ways to work around this:
1. Add use lib "." to the beginning of the script (as I've mentioned in
my first letter)
2. execute command
Set PERL5LIB=%WHERE_IS_YOUR_POSTGRES_UNPACKED%\src\tools\msvc
before running perl scripts.

And I think that first should be commited into postgres.

You tell you use Strawberry Perl 5.24 to build postgres?
1. Do you run tap tests with it?
2. Do you compile and use PL/Perl with it?
3. Do you use only 64-bit builds or both 64 and 32?