Use durable_unlink for .ready and .done files for WAL segment removal

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Use durable_unlink for .ready and .done files for WAL segment removal
Date: 2018-09-28 03:28:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

While reviewing the archiving code, I have bumped into the fact that
XLogArchiveCleanup() thinks that it is safe to do only a plain unlink()
for .ready and .done files when removing a past segment. I don't think
that it is a smart move, as on a subsequent crash we may still see
those, but the related segment would have gone away. This is not really
a problem for .done files, but it could confuse the archiver to see some
.ready files about things that have already gone away.

Attached is a patch. Thoughts?
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
archive-clean-durable.patch text/x-diff 731 bytes