Re: Segfault when creating partition with a primary key and sql_drop trigger exists

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Marco Slot <marco(at)citusdata(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Onder Kalaci <onder(at)citusdata(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Segfault when creating partition with a primary key and sql_drop trigger exists
Date: 2018-09-28 03:17:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 11:02:06PM +0200, Dmitry Dolgov wrote:
> Yes, you're right. Although probably it's not great that the sequence of
> EventTriggerAlterTableStart, EventTriggerAlterTableRelid and
> EventTriggerAlterTableEnd is distributed between different functions (which
> most likely is worth a comment in AlterTableInternal), but it's a minor
> concern.

I think that Alvaro should definitely look at this patch to be sure, or
I could do it, but I would need to spend way more time on this and check
event trigger interactions.

Anyway, I was struggling a bit regarding the location where adding a
regression test. event_trigger.sql makes the most sense but in tests
for drops the objects are created before the event trigger is defined,
so that would need to move around so as the original problem is
reproducible. Perhaps you have an idea for that?
--
Michael