Re: Problem while setting the fpw with SIGHUP

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, hlinnaka <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem while setting the fpw with SIGHUP
Date: 2018-09-27 08:02:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 11:18:02AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> Your proposed solution makes sense to me. IIUC, this is quite similar
> to what Dilip has also proposed [1].

Indeed. I would just add with the patch a comment like that:
"Perform this call outside the critical section so as if the instance
just got out of recovery, the upcoming WAL insert initialization does
not trigger an assertion failure."

If that sounds fine to you, I propose that we commit Dilip's patch with
the comment addition. That will take care of (a).
--
Michael