Re: Incorrect error handling for two-phase state files resulting in data loss

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Incorrect error handling for two-phase state files resulting in data loss
Date: 2018-09-07 18:04:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 07:56:00AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> As this is a data corruption issue, are there any objections if I patch
> and back-patch? I also would like to get this stuff in first as I have
> other refactoring work which would shave some more code.

I looked at this patch again after letting it aside for a couple of
weeks and pushed it. This is a potential, very rare data loss bug, and
nobody complained about it so I have not done any back-patch. Please
let me know if you would like to see something happen in stable branches
as well.
--
Michael