Re: Adding a note to protocol.sgml regarding CopyData

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr
Cc: bpd0018(at)gmail(dot)com, ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Adding a note to protocol.sgml regarding CopyData
Date: 2018-09-03 05:02:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hello Bradley & Tatsuo-san,
>
>>> ... references to the protocol version lacks homogeneity.
>>> ... I'd suggest to keep "the vX.0 protocol" for a short version,
>>> and "the version X.0 protocol" for long ...
>>
>> I agree. Change made.
>
> Patch applies cleanly. Doc build ok.
>
> One part talks about "terminating line", the other of "termination
> line". I wonder whether one is better than the other?

I am not a native English speaker so I maybe wrong... for me, current
usage of "terminating line", and "termination line" looks correct. The
former refers to concrete example thus uses "the", while the latter
refers to more general case thus uses "an".

BTW, I think the patch should apply to master and REL_11_STABLE
branches at least. But should this be applied to other back branches
as well?

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii