Re: logical decoding: ABI break in 10.5 et al

From: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: logical decoding: ABI break in 10.5 et al
Date: 2018-08-29 08:26:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Re: Alvaro Herrera 2018-08-28 <20180828153806(dot)fgfnul2imeltzmib(at)alvherre(dot)pgsql>
> This commit made modules dependent on structs ReorderBuffer and
> ReorderBufferTXN compiled for prior minor releases no longer work with
> the new minors, because some new struct members were inserted in the
> middle of the struct. Third-party modules such as pglogical, BDR,
> wal2json are affected and need to be recompiled; failing to do so can
> make them misbehave or crash.

Fwiw, I haven't seen any problems with the wal2json packages in
apt.postgresql.org that were compiled with the old PG packages. They
still pass the regression tests with the new ABI.

https://pgdgbuild.dus.dg-i.net/view/Testsuite/job/wal2json-adt/lastSuccessfulBuild/architecture=amd64,distribution=sid/console

Christoph