postgresql-archive.org

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql-archive.org
Date: 2018-08-22 19:08:16
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

I kinda wonder if the postgres community shouldn't do something about
http://www.postgresql-archive.org/. The name makes it sound somewhat
official, but it doesn't appear to be. At least I do not know who runs
it. Does somebody else?

Given the, presumed, unofficial nature I'm not really ok with them
serving ads while benefiting from an official sounding name.

But even without that issue, I think there's two reasonable concerns:
For one, we do not know how reliable the operator is. They could be
manipulating e.g. attachements to contain maliscious contents. The
second, and more likely, issue is that it's likely that the offering
will cease to exist and the links in our archive will point into the
void.

Greetings,

Andres Freund