Updating docbot URLs

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Updating docbot URLs
Date: 2018-08-13 12:04:28
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi Everyone,

It'd be good if we could update the IRC docbot to reference
https://www.postgresql.org rather than the, still frequently used,
http://www.postgresql.org. Several individuals have started to manually
update the URLs whenever referenced, but doing this one-by-one seems
pretty inefficient. Given a database system etc. ;)

It'd probably also be a good idea to replace URLs like
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/collation.html
with
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/collation.html

Given that the former now redirects to the latter (I presume because it
now also has the comment form link, but it's still weird to have the
/static in there).

Greetings,

Andres Freund