Re: Convert Existing Table to a Partition Table in PG10

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Clifford Snow <clifford(at)snowandsnow(dot)us>
Cc: vik(dot)fearing(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, srkrishna(at)yahoo(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Convert Existing Table to a Partition Table in PG10
Date: 2018-08-09 20:01:31
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 07:09:33PM -0700, Clifford Snow wrote:
> Vic,
> I'd be happy to add my blog to planet.postgresql.org but my of my articles are
> not on postgresql. I'm using github pages for my blog and I do have tags for
> each article. Is there someone to filter on those tags?

When you register your blog, there is an 'Authorfilter' field, but that
only filters authors, which I assume looks at the RSS "author" tag.
Doesn't seem it can filter on category tags.

The recommended solution is to create a feed on your end just for that
category:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Planet_PostgreSQL

All blogs should be about PostgreSQL or closely related technologies. If
you want to blog about other things as well, please put your PostgreSQL
specific posts in a separate category/tag/label, and use the feed for
this category only for Planet PostgreSQL.

> Clifford
>
> On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 5:13 PM Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>
> On 02/07/18 01:43, Clifford Snow wrote:
> > David,
> > Thanks for the suggestion. That really simplifies creating the RANGE.
> >
> > For all, I'm pretty much a postgresql novice, but I've tried to document
> > what I've learned in the hopes that it can help someone else.
> >
> > You can read my blog post
> > at  https://osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us/articles/Partitioning-Postgresql/
>
> Please consider adding your PostgreSQL-related posts to Planet.
> https://planet.postgresql.org/add.html
> --
> Vik Fearing                                          +33 6 46 75 15 36
> http://2ndQuadrant.fr     PostgreSQL : Expertise, Formation et Support
>

> --
> @osm_seattle
> osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us