Re: Doc update

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: ciwan1859(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Doc update
Date: 2018-08-09 17:29:50
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 08:54:16AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/sql-grant.html
>
> This line:
>
> The entries shown by \dp are interpreted thus:
>
> Should be updated to:
>
> The entries shown by \dp and \l are interpreted thus:

Well, in that line it is referring to the use of \dp in the paragraph
above. Looking at src/bin/psql/describe.c:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/bin/psql/describe.c

I see many references to printACLColumn(), which prints "Access
privileges", specifically calls by:

https://doxygen.postgresql.org/describe_8c.html#abd41ba75b2c775de9e9b38815d69cb5c

Referenced by describeFunctions(), describeTablespaces(),
describeTypes(), listAllDbs(), listDefaultACLs(), listDomains(),
listForeignDataWrappers(), listForeignServers(), listLanguages(),
listSchemas(), and permissionsList().

so we would need to list _all_ of these uses, which I don't think we
want to do.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Ancient Roman grave inscription +