Re: More consistency for some file-related error message

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: More consistency for some file-related error message
Date: 2018-07-23 00:41:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 03:41:08PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Okay, I just looked again at this point, and among the new messages only
> what's in XLogFileCopy has been bothering setting errno to 0 (see
> 811b6e3), so let's remove it in this case.

So, I have been through the patch set once again and pushed the patch to
make more error messages consistent, as well as the patch to set up
proper errcodes for new error messages. There are perhaps more
improvements which could be done for the error messages, but that's not
absolutely clear either as the context used is actually useful in those
remaining.
--
Michael