Re: missing toast table for pg_policy

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: John Naylor <jcnaylor(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: missing toast table for pg_policy
Date: 2018-07-17 06:46:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 03:47:38PM +0700, John Naylor wrote:
> I hope you don't mind, but since it might be tedious to piece together
> the addenda I left behind in this thread, I thought it might be useful
> to update Joe's patch. The attached was rebased over the new
> regression test, passes the pg_upgrade test, and has a draft commit
> message.

I was just having a second look at this patch, and did a bit more tests
with pg_upgrade which passed.

+-- 2. pg_largeobject and pg_largeobject_metadata, to avoid problems
+-- with pg_upgrade
John, what's actually the failure that was seen here? It would be nice
to see this patch committed but the reason here should be more
explicit about why this cannot happen.
--
Michael