Re: Cannot dump foreign key constraints on partitioned table

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: amul sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cannot dump foreign key constraints on partitioned table
Date: 2018-07-13 01:00:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 02:45:37PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Thanks, looks good. I propose to add following pg_dump test to ensure
> this stays fixed.

Thanks for adding the test. I was looking at a good way to add a test
but could not come up with something which can be summed up with one
query for create_sql, so what you have here is nice. Could you add an
extra test with a partition of dump_test.test_table_fk? Children should
have the FK defined as well with relhastriggers set to true, still when
I tested if the partitioned was not scanned for its FK, then its
children partition also missed it. So I think that it is important to
check that the FK is defined for all members of the partition tree.

I am fine to add the test myself and to push if you need help. Of
course feel free to do it yourself if you want. Either way is fine for
me.
--
Michael