Re: Concurrency bug in UPDATE of partition-key

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Concurrency bug in UPDATE of partition-key
Date: 2018-07-11 00:29:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2018-Jul-09, Amit Kapila wrote:

> Alvaro,
>
> Can you please comment whether this addresses your concern?

I was thinking that it would be a matter of passing the tuple slot to
EvalPlanQual for it to fill, rather than requiring it to fill some other
slot obtained from who-knows-where, but I realize now that that's nigh
impossible. Thanks for the explanation and patience.

What bothers me about this whole business is how ExecBRDeleteTriggers
and ExecDelete are now completely different from their sibling routines,
but maybe there's no helping that.

Please move the output arguments at the end of argument lists; also, it
would be great if you add commentary about ExecDelete other undocumented
arguments (tupleDeleted in particular) while you're in the vicinity.

Thanks