Re: Old small commitfest items

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Old small commitfest items
Date: 2018-07-05 02:53:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 04, 2018 at 06:54:05PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> I don't know about any of that, but something has to give. How much
> more time has to pass before we admit defeat? At a certain point, that
> is the responsible thing to do.

Well, for this one it is not really complicated to avoid the failures
reported and the potential data losses if the so-said optimizations,
which are actually broken, have their checks tightened a bit. So I'd
rather not give up on this one if there are ways to prevent user-facing
problems.
--
Michael