Re: Old small commitfest items

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Old small commitfest items
Date: 2018-07-03 01:30:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 10:30:11AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> 528 1146 Fix the optimization to skip WAL-logging on table created in
> same transaction

This has been around for an astonishing amount of time... I don't
recall all the details but rewriting most of the relation sync handling
around heapam for a corner optimization is no fun. There is no way that
we could go down to elimitate wal_level = minimal, so I am wondering if
we should not silently ignore the optimization if possible instead of
throwing an error. Perhaps logging a WARNING could make sense.

> 669 847 pgbench - allow to store query results into variables

I think that I could look into this one as well.

> 922 180 Failure at replay for corrupted 2PC files + reduce window
> between end-of-recovery record and history file write

I know this one pretty well :), waiting for reviews, and the patches are
not complicated.

> 1113 68 Replication status in logical replication

I think that I could finish this one as well.
--
Michael