Re: RPM Morgue

From: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-pkg-yum <pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RPM Morgue
Date: 2018-06-27 20:35:12
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Re: Devrim Gündüz 2018-06-27 <76dfe96c8abe24e76e0c8f27a1537ae9f8c811c2(dot)camel(at)gunduz(dot)org>
> I'm not against keeping the old package, but there are two things:
>
> * We need to ask sysadmins team, because this means a lot of extra disk space.

The apt morgue is 74 GB atm. It's not mirrored anywhere - which isn't
ideal, but the at means we only need to keep an eye on the local disk
space, and not on N mirror hosts which all might have slightly
different limits.

The initial discussion with the sysadmins was that everyone kind of
agreed that the service is useful, but we couldn't settle for any
definition of what resources should be allocated for the next N years.
So in the end I just put it somewhere, and that's where it's living
now. (I don't blame them for that, it's difficult to work with
statements like "this could be any size, because we don't know how
many packages there will be in 3 years".)

Christoph