Re: Fast default stuff versus pg_upgrade

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fast default stuff versus pg_upgrade
Date: 2018-06-21 21:10:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In terms of pgindent, I'm surprised about these lines:

+ missingval = OidFunctionCall3(
+ F_ARRAY_IN,

Why did you put a newline there? In ancient times there was a reason
for that in some cases, because pgindent would move the argument to the
left of the open parens, but it doesn't do that anymore and IMO it's
just ugly. We have quite a few leftovers from this ancient practice,
I've been thinking about removing these ...