Re: XML/XPath issues: text/CDATA in XMLTABLE, XPath evaluated with wrong context

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Markus Winand <markus(dot)winand(at)winand(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: XML/XPath issues: text/CDATA in XMLTABLE, XPath evaluated with wrong context
Date: 2018-06-19 20:21:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello hackers,

Any objections fixing this on Pg11? My opinion is that it's better to
fix it now rather than waiting for pg12. It's already broken in pg10
(xmltable) and older (rest of the xml stuff). As Markus advised, I'd
not backpatch fixes for fear of breaking stuff, but I'd rather release
pg11 with the correct behavior.

I intend to get it done this week if there are no serious objections.