Re: [GSoC] current working status

From: Aleksander Alekseeev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Charles Cui <charles(dot)cui1984(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Aleksandr Parfenov <a(dot)parfenov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GSoC] current working status
Date: 2018-06-14 15:03:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Charles,

> I saw the list of errors you posted. That's because I have some new
> function implemented and pushed without testing(in order forget my
> change in local machine).
> So you are saying it is best to keep each commit workable. Right?

Ideally, yes. You can always create a separate branch to experiment with
new code and merge it to master branch when it becomes stable. This is
not a strict GSoC requirement or something like this, but a good
practice. If something goes wrong you can just delete an experimental
branch and go back to working master branch.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev