Re: Fix for FETCH FIRST syntax problems

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fix for FETCH FIRST syntax problems
Date: 2018-05-20 22:56:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings,

* Peter Geoghegan (pg(at)bowt(dot)ie) wrote:
> Whether or not Andrew's patch is formally classified as a bug fix is
> subjective. I'm inclined to accept it as a bug fix, but I also think
> that it shouldn't matter very much. The practical implication is that
> I don't think it's completely out of the question to back-patch, but
> AFAICT nobody else thinks it's out of the question anyway. Why bother
> debating something that's inconsequential?

Just to be clear, based on what I saw on IRC, this specifically came out
of someone complaining that it didn't work and caused difficulty for
them. As such, my inclination on this would be to back-patch it, but
we'd need to be sure to test it and be confident that it won't break
things which worked before.

Thanks!

Stephen