PG 11 feature count

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PG 11 feature count
Date: 2018-05-17 23:29:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I regularly track the number of items documented in each major release.
I use the attached script. You might be surprised to learn that PG 11
has the lowest feature count of any release back through 7.4:

7.4 280
8.0 238
8.1 187
8.2 230
8.3 237
8.4 330
9.0 252
9.1 213
9.2 250
9.3 187
9.4 217
9.5 200
9.6 220
10 194
11 167

I try to use the same criteria in choosing items each year, though I
certainly am not perfectly accurate.

One reason the PG 11 count is lower is because the the major items for
this release are not listed at the top yet, but that is only around six
items.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Ancient Roman grave inscription +

Attachment Content-Type Size