Re: BUG #15144: *** glibc detected *** postgres: postgres smsconsole [local] SELECT: double free or corruption (!pre

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Subject: Re: BUG #15144: *** glibc detected *** postgres: postgres smsconsole [local] SELECT: double free or corruption (!pre
Date: 2018-04-16 17:03:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> This now seems unnecessary, since it's already evident from your "bt
> full" output that the query involved in the crash was "select count(*)
> from pg_buffercache where isdirty".

Hmm, so is the Zabbix monitoring running that query frequently?
Because, as I recall, pg_buffercache is pretty heavy on the system,
since it needs to acquire all the bufmgr locks simultaneously?

In other words, this seems a terrible query to be running in zabbix. I
have vague memories of somebody submitting a version of this code that
returned approximate answers, good enough for monitoring ...