Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Adam Brightwell <adam(dot)brightwell(at)crunchydata(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask
Date: 2018-04-07 21:49:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David,

* David Steele (david(at)pgmasters(dot)net) wrote:
> On 4/6/18 10:22 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > * David Steele (david(at)pgmasters(dot)net) wrote:

> >> I'm sure you'll want to reword some things, but I think these commit
> >> messages capture the essential changes for each patch.
> >
> > Thanks much. I've taken (most) of these, adjusting a few bits here and
> > there.
> >
> > I've been back over the patch again, mostly improving the commit
> > messages, comments, and docs. I also looked over the code and tests
> > again and they're looking pretty good to me, so I'll be looking to
> > commit this tomorrow afternoon or so US/Eastern.
>
> OK, one last review. I did't make any code changes, but I improved some
> comments, added documentation and fixed a test.

Thanks! I took those and then added a bit more commentary around the
umask() calls in the utilities and fixed a typo or two and then pushed
it.

Time to watch the buildfarm, particularly for Windows hosts just in case
there's something in the regression tests which aren't working correctly
on that platform. I was able to run the full regression suite locally
before committing, though given the recent activity, we may see failures
attributed to this patch which are due to unrelated instability.

Thanks again!

Stephen