Re: Foreign keys and partitioned tables

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Foreign keys and partitioned tables
Date: 2018-04-04 19:42:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> writes:
> > Thanks, pushed.
>
> This has broken the selinux regression tests, evidently because it
> removed ONLY from the emitted FK test queries. While we could change
> the expected results, I would first like to hear a defense of why that
> change is a good idea. It seems highly likely to be the wrong thing
> for non-partitioned cases.

Yeah, there ain't one, because this was a reversal mistake. I restored
that ONLY. (There were two ONLYs in the original query; I initially
removed both, and then went over the file and included them
conditionally on the table not being a partitioned one, based on review
comments. In this line I restored one conditionally but failed to
realize I should have been restoring the other unconditionally.)

Pushed a fix blind. Let's see if it appeases rhinoceros.