Re: Rewrite of pg_dump TAP tests

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Rewrite of pg_dump TAP tests
Date: 2018-04-04 14:25:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings,

* Stephen Frost (sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net) wrote:
> * Michael Paquier (michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz) wrote:
> > >
> > > Attached is an updated patch which applies cleanly against current
> > > master. I've not yet looked into back-patching these changes, but will
> > > if this can get some review and feedback, and folks like this better and
> > > are ok with the same being done in the back-branches.
> >
> > It would be nice to improve the readability of test_pg_dump's
> > 001_base.pl at the same time by using similarly a hash syntax for common
> > options.
>
> Yes, good point, will fix.

I've updated those tests as well and rebased the patch (though no real
changes were needed for the rebase). Passes all tests. I'll take
another look through the changes again but plan to push them in a few
hours, later on this afternoon.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_dump_test_rewrite-v2_master.patch text/x-diff 248.8 KB