Re: MSVC builld of 9.5.12 is broken?

From: Victor Wagner <vitus(at)wagner(dot)pp(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MSVC builld of 9.5.12 is broken?
Date: 2018-02-27 13:05:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 13:35:33 +0100
Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

> > Note that said commit (91f3ffc5249) is not limited to rearranging
> > makefile. It also changes a lot into C code itself. So it is not a
> > question of reverting commit - it is making new commit, which
> > reverts changes in just one file.
>

> Oh, I missed that.
>
> I think we should revert *just the changes to the Makefile*, and of
> course leave the rest of the comimt. Can you confirm if that fixes
> the problem?

It seems that it is not so easy. I've tried to revert changes in the
Makefile, and found out that some utilities (createlang, droplang,
pg_isready) now need more common object files, than they need before
this commit .

Attached patch to makefile which fixe problem for 9.3 branch.
I think it should do for 9.4 and 9.5 too.

--

Attachment Content-Type Size
Makefile.patch text/x-patch 2.6 KB