Re: MSVC builld of 9.5.12 is broken?

From: Victor Wagner <vitus(at)wagner(dot)pp(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MSVC builld of 9.5.12 is broken?
Date: 2018-02-27 12:42:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 11:43:34 +0100
Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

> I'm unsure why this was introduced in 9.5 and earlier, but not in the
> newer ones. This smells like a possible backpatch mistake, in which
> case that part should probably be backed out of the old branches
> rather than teaching mkvcbuild about it.

Patch for Mkvcbuild.pm is actually quite simple (see attach).

Really, I have more complicated patch, which supports recursive
substitution as gmake does. It was developed to simplify inclusion of
PGXS extensions into contrib tree. (authors of modern extension often
use complex Makefile constructs).

I've not presented it to community because I hoped that current MSVC
build system would be soon replaced by cmake.

--

Attachment Content-Type Size
makefile_var_processing.patch text/x-patch 817 bytes