Re: Translations contributions urgently needed

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp, thom(at)linux(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Translations contributions urgently needed
Date: 2018-02-23 00:42:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

# my clone repository has been corrupted...sigh.

At Thu, 22 Feb 2018 18:32:15 -0500, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in <CA+TgmoYFrrca7g4fZMeNV7XZaXRy46B5e4uyO_7Ou+ZnuMSXBw(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com>
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 5:54 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> >> I have found that Japanese language support for the database server
> >> has been dropped for 10. This is because it fell below the 80% of
> >> strings translated requirement, so it was shipped without Japanese.
> >
> > Was that mentioned in the 10.0 release note? I didn't know that.
>
> I don't think we ever mention translations that are added or dropped
> in minor release notes. But it seems unfortunate that we lost such an
> important one with little comment.

I also noticed the same thing few days ago, by the fact that RPM
release of PG10 doesn't contain psql translation.

@10 > ja | pg_basebackup,pg_resetxlog,plpython,pltcl,postgres,psql
@9.4> ja | pg_basebackup,pg_resetxlog

I'm not sure how the translations are maintained but I think I can help.
Ishii-san, Thom, may I take some (or all?) of the files?

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center